- Can Security Cameras Work Without Internet?
- Functions of Security Cameras With Internet
- What Security Cameras Can Do Without the Internet
- Advantages of Security Cameras Connected to the Internet
- Disadvantages of Security Cameras Connected to the Internet
- Advantages of Security Cameras Not Connecting to the Internet
- Disadvantages of Security Cameras Not Connecting to the Internet
- Security Camera Recommendation
Can Security Cameras Work Without Internet?
To be sure, the security camera can continue to work without theInternet or WIFI. Its basic function isasecurity camera that supports memory card storage and local video storage, so it can work normally without a network.
But without the Internet or WIFI, the practicality of security cameras will be greatly reduced. In addition to video recording, security cameras havefunctions such as remote viewing, humanoid detection, real-time alarms, and two-way voice calls.
Just like a computer, if itisnot connected to the Internet, it can also be turned on and used, but it does not have the functions of surfing the Internet, such as browsing the web, shopping, etc. And if there is no real-time alarm function, if the security camera is damaged, or if the memory card on the device is taken out when the person is not at the scene, effective protection cannot be obtained.
Functions of Security Cameras With Internet
- HD night vision/color night vision
- Mobile phone remote viewing
- Controlling camera tilt/pan detection
- PIR motion detection
- Real-time alert
- Two-way communication
- Device sharing
- Cloud storage/SD card storage
- Manage Security Systems
What Security Cameras Can Do Without the Internet
HD night vision/color night vision
SD card storage
The connected monitor provides 24/7 live viewing
Advantages of Security Cameras Connected to the Internet
- A base station can connect multiple cameras. Downloading the mobile app can not only manage the detection screens of all cameras synchronously but also allow remote access at any time, which is convenient for managing the entire security system.
- You can remotely monitor the security camera's horizontal and vertical rotation and adjust the detection position and angle.
- Once the camera detects motion, the camera will automatically track and record the moving object, and at the same time trigger an alarm that can be pushed to your mobile phone in real-time.
- It can realize real-time dialogue between you and your visitors.
- It can realize real-time viewing by multiple people at the same time, and jointly protect your safety and property safety.
- Cloud storage. It is not limited by the memory space of the memory card, and videos can be accessed and downloaded at any time.
Disadvantages of Security Cameras Connected to the Internet
- Most of the additional functions are relatively dependent on the Internet to operate. Therefore, you may need to pay some money for the Internet.
- Security camera function is limited by internet signal. A signal that does not stabilize may result in a lost connection for some time or maynot capture everything properly.
- If you use the function of cloud storage service, you need to purchase additional services.
- If you are using a WiFi camera, it is more vulnerable to hacker attacks. Someone whocompromisesyour Wi-Fi network, they can easily hack the camera too.
Advantages of Security Cameras Not Connecting to the Internet
- It can still run without relying on the Internet. Thus, you can save money by paying a lump sum for the internet.
- Without any internet requirement, installation is simpler.
- Not easily hacked and more secure.
Disadvantages of Security Cameras Not Connecting to the Internet
- Most of the additional functions that rely on theInternet cannotbe used. Only the most basic functions, such as providing high-definition picture quality and color night vision, can be used.
- The storage can only rely on SD card/NVR storage. Becausethe storage capacity is limited, it is necessary to regularly maintain the video and check the status of the SD card.
- 3. You will have to check the DVR or micro-dcardfootage. Since there is no facility to check live footage etc., you may not noticeif some camera vandalism or trespassing occurs.
- Because there is no real-time alarm function, the property cannot be effectively protected if the security camera is damaged or the memory card on the device is taken out when the person is not on site.
- If you do not rely on the Internet, but through 3G/4G cellular data, you need to purchase an additional data plan separately.
Security Camera Recommendation
Here are some great options if your home isn't on a home network and doesn't have WiFi but still wants to use a security camera to monitor your property.All surveillance cameras and systems below will work even without internet or routers.
Campark SC04 4MP 100% Wireless Wifi Solar Security Camera With HDMI Output Support - Securitycameras that don't require the internet
Even without an internet connection, the camera still has PIR motion detection, so if someone breaks into your home, you can talk to them via two-way audio, or scare them away.
It comes with a solar panel and is also equipped with an HDMI cable and a wired mouse, which can directly connect the camera to the monitor, and you can view the video captured by the camera in real-time on the monitor. If you want anoutdoor security camera that doesn't require an internet connection, this camera is undoubtedly the best choice.
Campark SC17 6PCS 4MP 100% Wire-Free & NVR Solar Powered Security Camera System with 500GB HDD - Independent security system, available with and without internet
This is an extremely easy-to-install PoE security camera system that comes with a 500GB hard drive. Built-in smart PIR motion detection and two-way stereo speakers. When your property doesn't have internet and you still want 24/7 recording, this is your first choice! Cameras and recording NVRs are connected through a private network. Connect the NVR to a monitor via an HDMI cable, allowing 24/7video surveillance of your property even without an internet connection.
Campark SC12 3MP Outdoor Wireless 4G LTE Cellular Security Camera No WiFi Dome Cam with Solar Panel & SIM Card - 4G cellular security camera
This a 4G cellular security camera doesn't require any internet or WiFi and allows you to view your property remotely.
Instead of using a dedicated internet connection, such as connecting the camera to your home router, or relying on a WiFi signal, this type of security camera operates over a 4G/3G cellular network.
If you want to be able to view live video on your phone or computer without the internet, a cellular security camera might be the way to go!
While most of the smart security cameras on the market today require internet or WiFi, security cameras can continue to work without internet or WiFi. It's just that without the Internet or WIFI, the practicability of the security camera will be greatly reduced. If you don't want live streaming, remote control, or real-time alarms, then it's fine to not use what comes with Wi-Fi. All that is needed is a local camera security system that can record to local storage, possibly a hard drive or micro SD card.
Whether it's a cellular security camera or an NVR security system, I believe there is always a security camera for you at Campark. But either way, we recommend that you have a camera that is connected to the internet in some way, so you can keep track of everything going on in your home.