In terms of protecting home security, monitoring commercial places, and maintaining public order, we are increasingly inclined to use security surveillance cameras with convenience and flexibility. However, when faced with a wide variety of security cameras on the market, it is a challenge to choose a camera with the highest cost performance and the most suitable for you. This blog will recommend some of the most cost-effective surveillance cameras on the market and analyze their advantages and disadvantages based on factors such as functions and prices to help you make wise purchase decisions.
Ring Spotlight Cam Pro
In 2022, Ring launched a new and upgraded Spotlight Cam Pro that can keep your belongings safe with 3D motion detection, allowing you to pinpoint object movement and reduce false alarms. Through the bird's-eye view, you can know the movement trajectory of people within the monitoring range and provide you with better home security.
- Use the color night vision function and color pre-roll to provide you with 1080p HDR clear and vivid video surveillance, and you can help keep specific areas well-lit by customizing automatic LED lights.
- Through the bird's-eye view area and bird's-eye view to accurately locate the movement, let you know the security incidents in a specific area.
- The configured solar panel can provide an effective power supply, prolong the use time of the camera, and avoid the trouble of frequent charging.
- You can receive real-time notifications on your phone and tabletand view or download pictures and videos on the app.
- Use Alexa. Whensuspicious objects are found to move within the monitoring range, your Echo device will light up and send a notification. If you also have an Echo Show, you can also communicate with anyone within the monitoring range.
- Easy installation, convenient and fast
- Clear HD image and video quality
- Integrate with third-party intelligence platforms
- Cameras are expensive
- Ring Pro camera requires hard wiring
- Prone to false positives
Arlo Pro 4
- Equipped with a 160° diagonal wide viewing angle lens, which supports automatic image correction and reduces the fisheye effect, it can be adapted to most monitoring places.
- Check the home security monitoring situation in real time through 2K HDR image resolution anytime, anywhere, without missing any important details, and support clear zooming in on moving objects.
- The built-in integrated spotlight can help you drive away intruders, and the camera's color night vision function allows you to view features such as faces or license plates in full color at night.
- According to the Arlo Secure plan, the camera can directly push notifications of people, vehicles, packages, etc.,within the monitoring range of the mobile phone, allowing you to respond quickly directly from the locked screen of the mobile phone.
- No need for hubs and wiring. This camera can be directly connected to WiFi for quick setup.
- Compatible with a variety of smart home platforms.
- 100% wireless design, can be installed anywhere.
- Indoor and outdoor versatility.
- no long-term contract
- The camera is more expensive
- Inlet sensor not provided
- Home automation options are limited
- Cloud storage requires payment
- Blink adopts proprietary chip technology so that Indoor can use the built-in two lithium batteries to run for up to two years, ensuring long-term stable work of the camera.
- Work with Alexa to arm and disarm the camera in real timethrough voice.
- Through the real-time view and two-way audio function in the application, you can check the monitoring status anytime and anywhereand conduct two-way communication with relatives or visitors within the monitoring range.
- Supports the creation of custom motion detection and privacy areas, avoiding repeated adjustments to the camera directionand allowing you to view the areas you want to monitor more conveniently and quickly.
- The wireless design of this camera does not require wiring and professional installation, allowing you to install it anywhere you want indoors.
- It is convenient for users to install arbitrarily.
- Long battery life and low maintenance costs.
- It can be integrated with Alexa and IFTTT
- Limited video storage options.
- No innovative features.
- It does not have good weather resistance and can only be installed indoors.
Wyze Cam V3
- The newly upgraded starlight sensor can also shoot full-color images and videos at night. Let you see more details clearly at night.
- When motion or sound is detected within the monitoring range, a video will be recorded, and the alarm notification will be pushed to the mobile phone immediately so that you can know the emergency of family safety anytime, anywhere, and take countermeasures.
- The camera's motion detection area and custom settings allow you to adjust the sensitivity of the detection, or you can turn it off completely.
- IFTTT certification can connect your different applications and deviceswith good compatibility. When you sign up for a free account, you can enable apps and devices to work together.
- This camera supports 24/7 continuous video recording. You can use a Micro SD card (not included, maximum support 32GB) and cloud storage to save video recordings to ensure the security and privacy of video data.
- The price is more affordable
- Advanced Color Night Vision
- Innovative features such as motion markers
- It can be used with Alexa for voice control of the camera
- wired power cord
- Special power supply for outdoor work
- Picture-in-picture viewing and pan-tilt motion are not supported.
Google Nest Cam
- This camera is intelligently designed to distinguish between people, animals, and vehiclesand can send alerts directly through the Google Home app without a subscription.
- Whether it is day or night, you can view what is happening in the 1080P HDR video 24/7. The night vision function allows you to see clear images even in low-light conditions.
- Powered by a built-in battery, no matter whether it is indoors or outdoors, you don't need to install it near the socket, so you can move the monitoring location anytime and anywhere.
- The built-in speaker and microphone are convenient for you to interact with family members and visitors and exchange information in time.
- The smart display or TV equipped with Google Assistant or Alexa supports you to view real-time dynamics through voice.
- Good video quality.
- Battery-powered, it can be installed outdoors or indoors.
- Support for local backup storage.
- Beautiful and smart design.
- The camera is more expensive
- Facial recognition requires a subscription
Campark SC22 Security Camera
- Double-lens design is adopted to realize that the lens's focal length in the same picture can be changed by 1 to 10 times, and the correct focal length can be adjusted according to the subject's distance.
- On the APP, functions such as remote monitoring, angle adjustment, and viewing and downloading pictures or videos can be realized (please note that the WiFi distance is 10 meters).
- Automatically track suspicious persons within the monitoring range. When someone approaches your home, the alarm will sound, and the notification will be immediately pushed to the mobile application.
- Support language alarm and light alarm. You can automatically set the alarm areaand sounds through the mobile APP. When Campark SC22 detects an object entering the alarm zone you set, it will send an alarm immediately.
- Built-in high-fidelity microphone and 2W speaker, allowing you to communicate with family members or visitors through APP anytime, anywhere. Support multiple users to share the same camera in the APP. Youcan share unforgettable moments with your family and friends.
- It has three-night vision modes: infrared night vision, full-color night vision, and intelligent night vision, which can provide you with different video images and different scenes according to your needs.
- Three Night Vision Modes
- Auto Tracking and Smart Alerts
- 10x hybrid zoom and dual-lens design
- Use with Alexa
- APP remote control is limited to 10 meters
- Cloud storage needs to be paid for later
Factors to Consider When Buying a Home Security Camera
Video resolution affects the clarity of camera recordings. Cameras with higher video resolution help to better recognize faces, vehicles, etc., in the video.
Surveillance field of view
The monitoring field of view refers to the range the camera can monitor through the lens. This will affect how many cameras you buy and where you place them.
The camera will send a notification when it detects motion within the monitoring range. Cameras with smart detection capabilities allow you to get more timely and effective motion alerts.
Infrared Night Vision
Cameras with infrared night vision function can better capture more explicit images and videos at night.
The camera's built-in microphone and speaker allow users to communicate with other people within the monitoring range and receive real-time information promptly.
Intelligent tracking allows the camera to automatically track actions within the monitoring range, whether a relative, a visitor, or an intruder and can record their movement trajectories in detail.