- The importance of surveillance cameras
- Types of Security Cameras
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Surveillance Camera
- Preparations before installation
- Camera Installation
- Connection and configuration system for security cameras
- Maintenance of the security monitoring system
Setting up a security camera system is a great way to ensure the safety of your home or business. With advancements in technology, the process has become easier and more affordable. In this blog, we'll guide you on howto set up a security camera system and make sure it's working effectively.
The importance of surveillance cameras
- Earlyprevention can deter and warn criminals; after an accident, it can provide important clues and evidence.
- Can act as a deterrent to thieves; effectively protect property and personal safety.
- It is convenient for managers to understand and grasp the progress and status of work promptly and protect employees and customers. Keep track of the company, store, and familysituation whenyou are away from home, save time and facilitate themanagement, and improve productivity.
- For dangerous places, it can effectively avoid the scene and reduce harm to the body.
Types of Security Cameras
Home security is of utmost importance, and having the right camera system can make all the difference. There are two main categories of cameras for home security: indoor and outdoor. Each type has subcategories, including wired and wireless, battery-powered and AC-powered, floodlight cameras, and doorbell cameras.
Outdoor cameras are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions like rain, sun, and dust, making them the perfect choice for securing your home's exterior. These cameras feature a protective coating on the casing and lens to ensure long-lasting durability, making them a slightly more expensive option than indoor cameras.
Indoor cameras, on the other hand, are suitable for monitoring the interior of your home. They come in various options, from wired to wireless and battery-powered to AC-powered. Whether you're looking to keep an eye on your kids or pets or to monitor activity while you're away, indoor cameras provide peace of mind and reliable security.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Surveillance Camera
The shape of the monitor is various, and the common and conventional shapes are bolt-shaped, long cylinder, spherical, hemispherical, etc.; there are also shapes such as light bulbs.
Dome Security Camera:Campark SC09 4MP Wireless 10x Hybrid Zoom 360° PTZ Outdoor Security Camera
Long Barrel Security Camera: Campark SC08 4MP 4PCS Wireless Solar Powered Real-Time Alert Security Camera System
Bulb Security Camera: Campark SC11 10 x Hybrid Zoom 2MP Wireless WiFi Light Bulb Security Camera
2. Lens focal length
The general focal lengths for household camera lenses are 2.8mm/4mm/6mm/8mm/12mm and other options. Each product series can choose the focal length of the lens, which can meet the shooting needs of various indoor and outdoor environments.
For those who are not familiar with lens parameters, it is a bit difficult to choose a suitable lens focal length. Generally speaking, the shorter the focal length, the larger the viewing angle range, but the shorter the monitoring distance. See "Where to Place a Home Security Camera" for specific lens options.
4mm lens: Campark SC02 4MP Solar Powered Wifi Outdoor Security Camera System
The higher the resolution and the higher the camera pixels, the clearer the images will be. Ordinary household surveillance cameras choose 1 million, 1.3 million, or 2 million high-definition pixelsand surveillance cameras with a resolution of 720P, 960P, or 1080P, which can meet the needs of users.
But the higher the pixel, the larger the memory space it occupies, and under the same conditions, the storage time becomes shorter. Therefore, when considering clarity, we also need to consider storage time issues.
4MP HD Security Camera: Campark SC08 4MP 4PCS Wireless Solar Powered Real-Time Alert Security Camera System
4. Storage method
There are three monitoring storage methods, one is network hard disk storage, the other is local storage (SD card storage), and the other is cloud storage.
Network hard disk storage: suitable for situations where there are many home smart monitoring devices and long-term video recording is required.
Advantages of local storage: The card will automatically record when it is powered on, without any settings, and supports offline recording. However, this is an automatic loop recording, after the TF storage is completed, it will automatically overwrite the earlier recording.
Cloud storage: It is more convenient to access the cloud video data at any time without fear of damage to the monitoring equipment or hard disk or TF. However, due to the purchase of cloud storage services, additional costs need to be incurred.
Security Camera with 500GB HDD: Campark SC17 6PCS 4MP 100% Wire-Free & NVR Solar Powered Security Camera System with 500GB HDD
5. Connection method
There are three ways to connect the camera to the network: cable connection, wireless connection, and mobile network connection. These three methods have their advantages and disadvantages, and you can choose according to the actual situation. For example, if you use a network cable to connect, the network is stable, but the wiring may be inconvenient. Wireless links are more convenient but are not affected by the network.
4G LTE Cellular Security Camera: Campark SC12 3MP Outdoor Wireless 4G LTE Cellular Security Camera
6. Power supply mode
There are three monitoring power supply methods: battery power supply, solar power supply, and POE power supply.
Solar Battery Powered: Campark SC04 4MP 100% Wireless Wifi Solar Security Camera withHDMI Output Support
Campark SC03 4MP 100% Wire-Free Wireless Security Camera System with Months Battery Life
You maywonderingwhether it's possible to mix different camera system, take it easy, the answer is yes.
Preparations before installation
Determining the best position for the camera
You may need to set up the camera in the following places:
- Front and rear doors
- Back to the street window
- Large shared spaces (kitchen, living room, etc.)
- Special room monitoring (children, elderly, etc.)
- Private driveway
Choice of security camera
After deciding where to install the camera, you also need to consider what kind of camera you want.
Basic home security: 2-3 outdoor cameras can be purchased (used to monitor various doorways, driveways, and other outdoor spaces).
Indoor or outdoor:Cameras that aren't designed for outdoor use can quickly break down in the sun and rain, so be sure to choose between indoor and outdoor.
Monitor valuables or young children: 1-3 indoor wireless cameras can be selected to effectively cover a small room, where a mobile phone or video display can be displayed.
Wireless or Wired: Wireless cameras are simple to install without drilling holes or running cables through walls, but the farther the camera is from the receiver, the less stable the signal. If you want to cover a larger area, go for a wired camera, but most homes will opt for a wireless and easy-to-install option.
Motion Sensing: Some cameras will only record when they sense motion, and some cameras can do 7/24 hour contact recording. However, there are requirements for storage space, and you can choose to purchase it according to your monitoring needs.
Remote viewing: No matter where you are on the earth, you can view the monitoring situation through the provided program or application.
Wireless Security Cameras installation method
Some cameras come with double-sided adhesive pads to stick them to the wall. But there is a much safer and more secure method of mounting the camera to the wall with screws, and it will last for a long time. While every wireless camera is different, most install the same:
- Place the base where you want to install it.
- Mark the location of each screw on the wall with a marker.
- Drill holes for each screw with a power drill.
- Knock in the forming pin.
- Fix the base to the wall with screws.
- Position the camera to your desired viewing angle.
Wired security camera installation method
- Find a stable spot on the wall.
- Some cameras may require finding a stud, while others will come with drywall anchors.
- Check existing wiring.
- Mark and drill the appropriate holes.
- Thread the wire back into the wall to connect it to the monitoring source.
Connection and configuration system for security cameras
For most cameras, you can install and connect the configuration yourself. General security cameras will include instructions for use and instructions for installation and application software. If not, a professional can help - from the security camera company itself, such as Campark, or a third-party supplier.
Maintenance of the security monitoring system
(1) To do a good job in the maintenance of monitoring equipment, it is necessary to monitor, maintain and manage the monitoring system daily, and undertake the maintenance and service work of the equipment to ensure the long-term, reliable, and effective operation of the monitoring system.
(2) In the process of maintaining the monitoring system equipment, some situations should be prevented, and the equipment should be operated as normally as possible. For various collection equipment of the monitoring system, it is necessary to focus on moisture-proof, dust-proof, and anti-corrosion maintenance Work. Taking Campark as an example, its equipment itself is moisture-proof, dust-proof, and anti-corrosion, so it saves a lot of cleaning work during use. At the same time, dehumidification measures can also be taken to solve the moisture-proof problem in high-humidity areas.
(3) Regularly dedust and clean the monitoring equipment, sweep away the dust exposed by the monitoring equipment, remove the camera, protective cover, and other components and blow the dust thoroughly, then wipe each lens with an hydrous alcohol cotton, adjust the clarity, preventdust from being sucked into the body of the monitoring equipment due to factors such as machine operation and static electricity, and ensure the normal operation of the machine. At the same time, check and monitor the ventilation, heat dissipation, dust cleaning, power supply, and other facilities in the monitoring room.
4) Carry out a comprehensive inspection of monitoring equipment components that are prone to aging once a month. Once aging is found, they should be replaced and repaired in time, such as cameras.
5) For the dust-absorbing part of the security monitoring system, clean it regularly every quarter. If the monitor is exposed to the air dueto the electrostatic effect of the screen, a lot of dust will be adsorbed on the surface of the monitor, affecting the clarity of the picture. Wipe the monitor regularly, and check the color and brightness of the monitor.
6) Regularly maintain the monitoring equipment that works for a long time once a month. For example, the hard disk video recorder will generate more heat if it works for a long time.
7) Regarding software and firmware updates. The application needs to be updated promptly. Once any software and firmware problems are found, communicate with the merchant in time, and seek help from company professionals to update and upgrade.
It is recommended that when purchasing a surveillance camera, please choose a big brand surveillance camera. Campark is a company you can trustand be sureyou are getting a quality product. If you have any questions or are unclear, please feel free to contact us.
- Surveillance cameras of major brands have core technologies that can protect personal privacy from being leaked.
- Even if there are after-sales problems, they can solve them for you the first time.
- The product quality is guaranteed, and a professional technical team provides consulting and technical services for the product.