While looking for the best action camera it is evident that majority of customers would go for a particular brand rather than its features. For professional photographers and enthusiasts, there is a strange notion that the more you invest on cameras, better quality features you get. By all means, the statement is wrong at many levels.
For capturing different action-packed sports namely cycling, snorkeling, skating, skiing or any other adventure sports, one of the first names to consider is the GoPro. However, in the recent years, GoPro’s market has faced challenge from various small-scale brands with potential, such as the Campark.
As a matter of fact, while the Campark X30 Action Camera 4K comes at around USD $99, the cost of GoPro Hero7 Black starts from USD $350 upto $400. Let’s have a quick comparison–
- The rugged waterproof Hero7 will let you shoot images and videos in up to 33 feet depth below water and that too without the need of waterproof housing. However, when you are judging by the depth, Campark X30 will surely be way ahead with its sturdy waterproof casing that will let you shoot images and videos in up to 131 feet depth.
- So, if you are up for Watersports like surfing, swimming, snorkeling, diving etc Campark would be your best choice.
- For a sport camera, media quality is perhaps the most vital factor and the Campark X30 makes sure that you get detailed and sharp still pictures with 20MP resolution. The Hero7 from GoPro also offers you to shoot images i.e. ‘SuperPhoto’ in automatic HDR while the resolution is 12MP.
- As for video quality, you can shoot 4k60 videos with the Hero7 GoPro Camera and even use any of the sixteen custom commands to shoot video when your hands are busy. The 8X slo-mo video with frame rate of 1080P240 can let you capture even the minute details and the TimeWarp feature offers you smooth and stabilized time lapse movies.
- Campark X30 gives a tough competition with its sharper Native 4k(3200x1800)/60fps resolution apart from the customizable 4K(3840x2160), 2.7K, 1080P and 720P resolution at 30fps, 120fps, 240fps respectively.
Image And Video Stabilization
- Image stabilization and high quality video stabilization are the indispensable features of any action camera. X30 has in-built Electronic Image Stabilization feature that lets you take noiseless still images even while you are subject to bumps, splashes and knocks in shooting fast-moving subjects.
- While shooting in 720P at 120 and 240fps, 1080P at 120fps and 4K(3200x1800) at 60fps, EIS gets disabled automatically. X30 with its in-built distortion calibration lens makes sure the videos are smooth. The GoPro Hero7 only offers gimbal-like ‘Hyper-smooth’ stabilized video to predict any movement and rectify camera shake.
With the wide 170-degree lens, the X30 can also be used as head camera and dash camera. It has adjustable Narrow, Middle and Wide field of view options to let you choose according to your need. While the Hero7 lets you stream videos live on Facebook or on other sites with RTMP URL, the X30’s 2 Inch LCD touchscreen lets you change settings, play back and also edit and share media with its free DV King 4K app.
So now that you compare the performance and related features of both the products, you can be sure about which one to invest on. The $99 Campark action cam with two 1350 mAh batteries, waterproofing and adjustable FOV will surely treat your action and your pocket better!